I’d like to welcome you and your student to Ebenezer Middle School for the 2014-2015 school year. We are very excited about the opening of school year and the opportunity to embark on a historical year of excellence in Sumter School District. If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s education, please stop in or give me a call. I have an open door policy and will be glad to meet or talk with you at your convenience.
Communication between the school and home is very important. All important correspondence from the school will be on orange paper; however, this does not include forms, report cards, or interims. We hope that the orange color will catch your eyes when it is mixed in with other papers that students take home. Please take time to look over your child’s agenda book to see what assignments are coming due and help your child learn to manage their time. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the teachers, guidance counselor, or an administrator. We look forward to working with you to ensure your student’s success.
We are looking for parents and community members that would be interested in serving on Ebenezer’s School Improvement Council. The goal of this council is to bring together teachers, parents, community members, and the school principal to help promote and sustain continuous school improvement. If you are interested in becoming a part of this important organization, please contact Mrs. De Wit prior to September 12, 2014. We are also looking for PTSA board members.
- Breakfast and lunch are free for all students
- Students may not enter the building prior to 7:30 a.m. Adequate supervision is not available before this time.
- Students will not be dismissed between 2:40 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. in order to limit end of the day interruptions to instruction.
- Emergency card information is vital to ensuring your child’s safety. Students will not be dismissed to anyone that is not listed on the card. A driver’s license or other form of identification is required to verify the identity of emergency contacts. Please keep us informed of any changes to this information.
- The parent pick-up and drop-off area is located at the cafeteria/shop end of the building. Please park in a parking space so the bus loading/unloading zone is not blocked.
Report to the Parents 2014 (1).pub
Ebenezer Middle School
Report to Parents
Ebenezer Middle School Renewal 2014.pdf
Ebenezer Middle School Strategic Plan 2012-2017
Every 3rd Thursday of the month is Ebenezer Spirit Night at Sonic!
The school receives 15% of the profits made between 5pm-9pm.
Come on out and support our school while enjoying some great food!
Are you ready for 7th Grade???
All students entering, advancing or transferring into 7th grade need proof of an adolescent whooping cough booster immunization (called “Tdap”).
For more information you can visit www.scdhec.gov/scimmunize or contact your school nurse.
2014-15 Sumter School District
High School Course Catalog