Message From the Principal
I’d like to welcome you and your student to Ebenezer Middle School for the 2016-2017 school year. I hope you are having an enjoyable experience thus far. If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s education, please stop in or give me a call. I have an open door policy and will be glad to meet or talk with you at your convenience.
Open House will be held September 13th. This will be a drop-in, so please stop in between 6:30 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. A Chromebook workshop for parents will be help at 6:00 p.m. in the Media Center, prior to Open House. Interims will go home on September 15th.
We would love to have a PTSA this year. We need your support in order to make this a success. Please contact Nancy Mims at 469-8571 ext. 101 if you are interested in serving on the PTSA board.
- Breakfast and lunch are free for all students.
- Students may not enter the building prior to 7:40 a.m. Adequate supervision is not available before this time.
- Students will not be dismissed between 3:10 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. in order to limit end of the day interruptions to instruction.
- Emergency information needs to be updated as soon as you move or phone numbers change. This information is vital to ensuring your child’s safety. Students will not be dismissed to anyone that is not listed on the card. A driver’s license or other form of picture identification is required to verify the identity of anyone checking out students.
- The parent pick-up and drop-off area is located at the cafeteria/shop end of the building. Please park in a parking space so the bus loading/unloading zone is not blocked.
Sumter School District Parent Workshops
Two separate parent workshops are being offered by Sumter School District, one on October 20 and another on November 17.
The workshops are free and are filling up quickly! Click on the dates below to learn more about the workshop and to sign up:
1st period: 8:30-9:26
2nd period: 9:29-10:25
3rd period: 10:29-11:25
4th period/lunch: 11:28-12:58 1st lunch 11:28-11:58 2nd lunch 12:28-12:58
DIRT (school-wide silent reading): 1:04-1:30
5th period: 1:30-2:26
6th period: 2:29-3:25
Are you Ready for 7th Grade? All students entering, advancing or transferring into 7th grade need proof of an adolescent whooping cough booster immunization (called “Tdap”).
For more information you can visit www.scdhec.gov/scimmunize or contact your school nurse.
Ebenezer Middle School has a Uniform Policy for all students. Please click on the link to read this policy.